What are the hazards to our employees, customers, and clients?
We recognise that where COVID-19 is present, it spreads easily from person to person. We know that the closer you are to another person and the longer you spend in close contact with someone; the risk of infection increases. We also understand that the virus can potentially remain on surfaces and fabrics, and so can be transmitted from shared surface contact.
Who is at risk and how?
Our employees, customers and clients may be at risk when in our offices or while in close proximity, during property viewings or valuations. We know that any person with even mild symptoms of COVID-19 should remain away from others for at least 10 days and anyone in their household must also self-isolate. We acknowledge that some people may be asymptomatic and yet still be infectious.
How is Boardwalk going to help control it?
The measures we are taking to manage the risk from COVID-19 are based on the safer working guidelines published by the UK Government. We shall review these measures as guidelines and risk levels change, or should we find that they are no longer effective.
We have procedures to make sure that individuals who are advised to stay at home under existing government guidance do not physically come to work. This includes individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19, as well as those who live in a household with someone who has symptoms. These procedures include steps to notify others that those employees may have been in close contact with, where it is appropriate to do so.
We have also developed protocols for our employees on conducting business both in our offices and at residential properties. We have provided training and information to our employees about these protocols, which includes social distancing requirements, good hygiene practices and how to follow them.
Applicant registration process:
- Applicants are asked if they have shown symptoms or been told to self-isolate in the past 14 days
- Applicants are asked if they are serious about viewing the property for sale. Speculative viewings are discouraged at this time
- Applicants are instructed that only one applicant may view at a time unless they are from the same household
- Applicants are advised to bring their own hand sanitiser or antibacterial gel and face covering
- Applicants are instructed to remain outside of the property before being invited in by a member of staff
- Doorstops are provided to all staff to prop all internal doors open to ensure applicants have no need to touch any surfaces in the property
- Where the property is vacant, applicants are guided into the property, with the member of staff remaining outside for the duration of the appointment
- If the property is tenanted, tenants are asked to leave the property for the duration of the viewing, with the member of staff entering the property with the applicants, maintaining a 2m distance at all times
- Any “high-touch” areas of the property are wiped down after each viewing
- Our staff are offered additional PPE, including masks, gloves and wipes
We are able to offer safe valuations through social distancing measures and the relevant PPE. We can attend your property both unaccompanied or with you the vendor, being present. If your property is tenanted, we ask that the tenants vacate the property for the duration of the visit. Boardwalk Property Co. is also proud to offer virtual valuations of your property when needed.
Visitors to the office:
- We ask that all visitors remain outside of the building (in good weather) or within the reception area. Safe distancing is marked out in the reception areas if needed to be used
- No more than two visitors at a time
- Visitors to the office are by appointment only, where possible and must wear face coverings
- Employee workstations are set up 2 meters apart
- A clean of the office and communal areas of the business centre is conducted twice weekly
- A clean of any high touch areas is carried out at regular intervals, throughout each working day
- The cleaning equipment and PPE relevant to the business is supplied to all staff (individual hand sanitiser provided to all staff members, masks, disposable gloves, and wipes are also available)